Top Nav

Rubbish baloons

May 19, 2021 0 comments

 


A few days ago I took the rubbish out and found these balloons in the Eurobins. It was such a strange scene that I had to get my phone out and take a few pics.

Having shared another one of those in my stories, on that same day, I know the scene resonated also with some of you and hence I thought it might be interesting to explore what drew me to it.

I have to say that I was, and remain, curious about the story behind it... The balloons were the signs of a 21st birthday, yes, but why had they been disposed of in such a poetic manner?

I have never liked balloons (they epitomise wastefulness , in my opinion) but I know that those who do, love them. This is why they tend to keep them until there is no air/gas inside and throw them away flat . These however, had plenty of life inside ...so ... What could the story be?

Could they be a failed attempt to celebrate? (Something we have grown accustomed to accept and adapt to since March 2020 ) or maybe a "I am not a child anymore" moment?

Was the resulting composition and actual installation to highlight the futility of life and happiness on Instagram ? (Unlikely, I know)

Were they ever delivered to the recipient or meant for someone else? (Another one of those things we can no longer take for granted. Yesterday, for example, I received a pair of child size football gloves and some blade-like devices instead of what I actually ordered , a knitting hook and stickers to trap the bugs in my plants... felt like receiving one of those mystery boxes ppl buy ...without the intent)

Or... could the recipient have decided to postpone their birthday for another year? (We all know that one cannot really count the years spent in lockdown, right?)

I guess I will never know , or at least I hope I don't because theorising was and still is, quite entertaining ...

Have a lovely day!

Related Posts

{{posts[0].title}}

{{posts[0].date}} {{posts[0].commentsNum}} {{messages_comments}}

{{posts[1].title}}

{{posts[1].date}} {{posts[1].commentsNum}} {{messages_comments}}

{{posts[2].title}}

{{posts[2].date}} {{posts[2].commentsNum}} {{messages_comments}}

{{posts[3].title}}

{{posts[3].date}} {{posts[3].commentsNum}} {{messages_comments}}

Contact Form