I love finding public art that is linked to the surrounding community and feels inviting to everyone. Specially because the opposite is often the case. This collection of portraits is particularly relevant to the times we are living. It shows the resilience and spirit of the African and Caribbean residents living around Ridley Road in East London. I will not take more space away from the project and instead will recommend you visit @futurehackney to read about the project and the people behind the images.
Related Posts
{{posts[0].title}}
{{posts[1].title}}
{{posts[2].title}}
{{posts[3].title}}
Search This Blog
trending
Liverpool
I had wanted to visit Liverpool for a long time and ,as I mentioned a few pos…
Lynette Yiadom-Boakye
It was 2017 when we decided to visit NYC for a few days. We had started to wo…
Wibexpo
Earlier in the week, I was able to attend the first edition of Wibexpo with f…
100percent design
Visiting 100percent design gave me the chance to catch up with some new ideas b…
Could the "Metaverse" become the only connection to the world many are left with?
Why unless we change our approach to the public realm, the "Metaverse&qu…
La Gamba
What does an architect do? This was a question a person waiting for a bus at …
Zanele Muholi
Happy Saturday! Have you found that since restrictions started each day blend…
Planning, do you need permission ?
(2/3) Planning: Whether or not "you think" you need planning, look…
Story Garden, Kings Cross
Behind the British library there is a place called Story Garden, a community …
Bank
One of the best things about cycling in London is that you can jump off your …




