Top Nav

This is not your typical New Year message!

Jan 1, 2023 0 comments

Not that I don't wish you all a great one, however, it is me after all and I rather be specific and share with you something that might make 2023 the year some of you can "make that project happen".

 
As those of you who know me are very aware of, I became and architect to change the world by shaping its built environment positively. I have been working on this endeavour for decades, first from within companies set up by others and since 2016 from within our own design studio, atelier EURA.
 
After 14 years working exclusively with professional clients, one of the biggest challenges I found, when I started working full time from our studio, was the fact that the clients we work with are not professional clients and they often struggle to understand what the process is and how central their role is for any project to succeed.
 
And so, for the past couple of years I have been equipping myself with the skills I needed to develop the kind of initiative that can help address this: I took a 9 month long Social Innovation Course, several in-depth courses on a wide range of relevant topics and I have been actively developing and testing an idea (in parallel to running our atelier and volunteering in a number of initiatives)
 
As the time to rolled up my sleeves to materialise the idea was fast approaching, November brough good news in the hands of Maria Coulter BEM MRICS and the Innovation Driven Procurement Project she is delivering on behalf of CITB .The project is aimed at improving the industry through innovation and it is focused on the smaller business within our industry .
 
I will not share more about my specific project at this stage but I am excited to let you know that I am one of the Project's Innovation Champions and I am already working to launch in spring… And I am super excited.
 
If you are a SME or a Micro business within the industry and have an innovation project that could benefit from a coach and a mentor to give you the final push… make sure you check the IDP project and embrace the opportunity to make the industry better from within.
 
A final thought: The majority of our industry is made out of SMEs and Micro businesses , and therefore, innovation at that level is where it is most needed and it will have the biggest impact.
 
Please share the link to the IDP project with anyone who could benefit because there are some places left for more Innovation Champions
 
#construction #innovation #sme #business

Find out more here: https://lnkd.in/eQZGkRQ2

Related Posts

{{posts[0].title}}

{{posts[0].date}} {{posts[0].commentsNum}} {{messages_comments}}

{{posts[1].title}}

{{posts[1].date}} {{posts[1].commentsNum}} {{messages_comments}}

{{posts[2].title}}

{{posts[2].date}} {{posts[2].commentsNum}} {{messages_comments}}

{{posts[3].title}}

{{posts[3].date}} {{posts[3].commentsNum}} {{messages_comments}}

Contact Form